2/21/12

The Type-O-Mat

Joke #1 - Behind the scenes at Enormous Print Editions, Inc.

Joke #2 - Early attempts at building an all-in-one computer/monitor/data storage system did meet with some success, although all examples of such machines eventually fell through the Earth's crust and were vaporized in the molten core of the planet.

Joke #3 - Due to the fact that it could be unbolted from the floor, the second-generation Type-O-Mat machine sold twice as many units, thanks to this new portability feature.

Joke #4 - "Dear Mom. Some pranksters have stolen my typewriter, so I am writing this on a industrial punch press I found in the common room. I hope I have enough stamps to mail five Buick roof panels. Anyway, camp is fine. We went swimming yesterday...."

Joke #5 - "My heart is like a summer's lathe, spinning courage from stolen hope, forged at near-molten temperature 'twixt the dies of ardor and passion. And finely de-burred it be, with sixty-grit agate media. O! Does it shine and blaze forth in the moonlight, this love I have wrought! Such is my care, that my hand doth quiver as I chamfer it's obverse end, so that it chafeth not the palm of my intended. Shall I knurl it's handle? Yes! Let me knurl, for surety of my darling's grip! O yes, I shall knurl!..."    (Excerpt from Jane Austin's lesser known collection "Sonnets of a Trade School".)

Joke #6 is from Robby. Thanks for the deposit, Robby!Although you could print your very own giant checks, the down-side to the type-o-mat was it's ear bleedingly loud jet engine that powered it.

[Commenter jokes will be added to the post.   -Mgmt.]

Click for big.



3 comments:

Robby said...

Although you could print your very own giant checks, the down-side to the type-o-mat was it's ear bleedingly loud jet engine that powered it.

Anonymous said...

Dear Phil Are Go,

I yearn to read more of the "Sonnets" of which you had written. I cannot obtain a copy, as I am only a Vise-Grip in a small service station, and have not the funds for such objects of fancy folk. Please quote more soon.

Clampy

PhilAreGo@gmail.com said...

By popular demand (a person), there will be more selections from Miss Austen's trade school sonnets from now on.

[-Mgmt.]

Post a Comment